My Favorite Artists - Damien Hirst (@hirst_official)

Damien Hirst is a English artists known for a series of pieces which depict dead animals preserved and dissected in a number of ways. Now I am going to admit that this type art isn't for everyone and he definitely has a number of... interesting pieces.

I have seen some of his works in different museums but never one of his preserved animal pieces. I am not sure how I would feel if I did. I am almost positive I would not "like" it but I would find it fascinating. Art has this unbelievable way of making us think, but what do we really think about when we experience something like his work: What is life? What is beautiful? Is death beautiful? wondrous? Sad? Lonely?

You can hate his work or love it but isn't this all what art is? Isn't the point of a piece of art to invoke emotion? Why does that emotion need to be positive?